Microblading & Ombre
Careful aftercare is essential to how your brows heal producing a beautiful lasting result
*Always wash hands before cleansing and applying ointment to brows*
For first 6 hours: clean with tonic 1-2x to remove any lymph, blood, pigment
After 6 hrs and/or at bedtime: apply ointment provided as needed using q-tip
Next Day after procedure: continue to clean with MicroTonic and apply MicroBalm morning and night (less is more, only use about half grain of rice size amount on each brow, use q-tip). MicroBalm may be applied 2-3x per day as needed.
DO’s and DON’Ts
Avoid direct shower spray. Take quick showers and avoid steam. Keep face out of water. If your brows do happen to get wet, gently blot dry.
Don’t sleep on face or side of treatment for 10 days
Do NOT apply anything to the treated area for 10-14 days except artist prescribed ointment (NO cleansers, creams, makeup, pencil, lotions, etc. )
Avoid scrubbing area of treated skin for 1 month
No activities that will cause heavy sweating- sweat can fade color in treated area
No pools, lakes, hot tubs for first 10 days
Avoid direct sun exposure/tanning for 4 weeks (wear hat when outside)
No facials, Botox, chemical treatments, retinoids or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
No picking of scabs/dry skin. Let it fall off naturally
Apply ointment before the shower or a workout to prevent water and/or sweat from dripping into the area.
Use sunblock after the area has healed to protect from fading.
Note: Failure to follow aftercare instructions may result in infections, pigment loss or discoloration.
Saline tattoo lightning
It is critical to follow all aftercare instructions to prevent complications, scarring and to achieve optimum results. Please read carefully.
1. KEEP AREA CLEAN and open to the air. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or anything else, leave open to air. Air/oxygen provides good and faster healing. You should not be touching the area at all but if you find yourself needing to please make sure your hands are exceptionally clean.
2. CLEAN BY BLOTTING AREA with saline 3 to 4 times a day using a paper towel or gauze. NO ICE.
3. DO NOT SOAK the treated area in water. You can shower as normal but keep the area out of the shower spray the best you can and do not let the area stay wet for more than a few minutes. It is best to keep it dry but if you do get it wet gently pat dry.
4. NO BATHING, SWIMMING, SAUNAS, HOT TOBS, TANNING, OR EXERCISE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. DO NOT disrupt the scabbing process (i.e. no picking, scratching, etc.) All scabbing needs to fall off naturally. If you force or pick a scab off you will disrupt the process and possibly cause scarring. It is critical to keep the scabs on as long as possible to achieve optimum results.
6. TREAT AREA WITH TLC. DO NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL THAT COULD CAUSE ISSUES OR PROBLEMS TO THE TREATED AREA.
7. ONCE ALL SCABBING HAS NATURALLY FALLEN OFF, apply one drop Vitamin E Oil 3 to 4 times throughout the day for a minimum of 4 weeks, or until next lightening session. DO NOT start applying the Vitamin E oil UNTIL all scabbing has naturally and completely fallen off. It is our goal to keep the area as dry as possible until all scabs have naturally fallen off.
8. LIPS please drink all liquids with a straw until all scabbing has naturally fallen off. Brush with Toms of Maine or Classic Crest (no whitening, no peroxide toothpastes. Cut food into small bites….no biting into a sandwich. Try to keep mouth expressions to a minimum.
❖ It is important to the process and integrity of the skin that 8 full weeks of healing take place before another lightening session can be done. No exceptions
❖ Lightening and/or removing unwanted pigment is a long process and patience is required. This is true whether you are choosing a lightening product service or laser. Please be patient and give the process a fair chance to work. Expect visible and wanted results in 2 to 5 sessions. How many sessions needed will depend on how saturated the pigment is, how deep it was implanted and how much needs to be removed for the desired result. In many cases only a percentage of the pigment needs to be lightened/removed and then we can continue the correction process by color correcting or color shifting. In those cases where we have pigment misplaced or in an unwanted area, color correcting will not be an option and removing as much of the pigment as possible will be our ultimate goal.
❖ Results cannot be foreseen, predicted or guaranteed.
❖ If you have any questions or concerns please call us. If at any time you have any green or yellow drainage in the area of the removal, or any concerns at all during the healing process please call us at (757) 585-3005
Same Do’s and Don’t’s of Microblading/Ombre brows applies to removal
What is expected during and after treatments? During the procedure, the skin will be opened and the solution implanted in the skin similar to the way the original pigment was implanted. The client should expect minor bleeding and some bruising. The treated area will be tender for a few days. The skin will appear bright red and gradually begin to scab. The skin will heal over the course of a few weeks. Let the scabs fall off naturally. Fading will happen gradually over several months. The skin may appear pink or discolored for a couple of weeks before returning to its original shade. Saline removal is a process, not an immediate fix. In rare case of increased discomfort, redness, swelling, unusual discharge or other signs of infection, please contact removal technician.
What final results are expected? Clients should be realistic in their expectations. Expect lightening, not full removal though it can occur in some cases. 1-5 sessions may be needed to see desired results.